Start your weekend right with the perfect treat for all the family. Seriously, you won’t believe how good something this healthy tastes. It’s Dairy Free, Gluten Free, LCHF and Grain Free -What’s not to love! They are quick and easy to make, so why not get the kids to help.
I’m one of those gluten free low dairy people and we can be high maintenance when it comes to food. These pancakes taste as great as the gluten & dairy versions and are made from real food ingredients. I often miss out because my food options are limited. At last, I can have my pancakes and eat them. ZEALicious!
Dairy Free, Gluten Free, LCHF, Grain Free (Serves 1)
- 2 Eggs
- 1 scoop pea protein powder
- 1/4 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/2 grated apple
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- Coconut oil
For berry compote:
- 1 Handful frozen mixed berries (blueberries, blackberries, strawberries, raspberry work well)
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp Rosewater (optional)
- 1 tsp maple syrup (optional)
- Put all pancake ingredients into a blender or food processor and blitz for 30 seconds.
- Melt coconut oil in a flat pan.
- Add mixture. (Medium heat or the mixture will burn before it sets)
- Once the bottom has set and is golden, flip over and cook other side. (I found it easier to slid the cooked side onto a plate. Then invert the pan onto the top of the plate and turn over.)
- While the pancake cooks make the berry compote. Place all compote ingredients in a microwave proof bowl and blast on high for 2 mins.
These are great served with a dollop of dairy free coconut yogurt.
For LCHF ensure vanilla extract is unsweetened and leave out the maple syrup. You could use butter, whey protein, greek yogurt or cream instead of the dairy free options.
(Nutritional information: Calories 540 Fat 31.9 Carbs 42.7 Protein 39.9)